Day 13 KKHS full control

Sleep walking.  Running on auto pilot and managing to make it through each day. Utilising the KISS technique. Keep It Simple S……! Just wanting to be able to teach for a few more years but this is a marathon I never thought I’d have to endure. Have great support and the students have been very sympathetic and encouraging. So lucky to be in the school that I have worked in over a very long time. Only a few teachers who have been at KKHS as long as I have. Only trouble is that my energy levels are certainly dwindling due to poor sleep as the job is constantly on your mind. That light at the end of the tunnel is still only a pin prick but it is still there.
Full control is taking it out of me but the classes run smoothly and my planning helps so much. Always have a WALT and a Warm Up. Believe in reinforcing prior learning with the warm up questions. Gives time to do the roll too. I pad a bit slow today meaning I had to take a paper copy of the roll and transfer it later when I had spare time.
Classes all missing students today as they were away at the Science Fair. Tended to be the more able academically.
Good day but time for a nap before burning the midnight oil sorting out more lesson plans.

Comments

Popular Posts