Day2 KKHS

Feeling a bit jaded.
Introduced myself to 7SAI during form period. Kim completed the roll on line however, as a relief teacher, I must get a hard copy and send it to reception.
7SAI maths class depleted as some away doing ICAS test. Kim showed me a great web page she has created. http://kerierihighmaths.weebly.com which I will be able to use when computers are available. This class how the COW(Computers on Wheels) and could explore Maths Week pages. I took the opportunity to work with student J. Easy to talk to but counts on her fingers, weak with her time's tables, good setting out and neatness of presentation. Said she used to be good at maths but that many days off school had stalled her progress.
Met 9TAN and their teacher, dean of year 9, Laura Choat. The class did a worksheet after an overview was given. Worked with K who came to sit beside me. He had been sent out of another year9 class! I knew him well and was able to motivate him to do some of the worksheet on histograms.
Tangled with the photocopier to get future unit plans for my target classes.

Attended maths department meeting where Kim presented a summative assessment for years 7 and 8, using a new format which created much discussion. Gave me a great insight into the thoroughness and detail that goes into preparing new resources. Also found that all the teachers would read the paper to the students to make sure that those whose reading was weak were not disadvantaged. Again, should I be in the position of having to facilitate such a test in the future, I will know to read the paper to the whole class and repeat any passages that individuals may need clarification on.

Comments

Popular Posts