80917 Day 20 section KKHS

Loud and sustained laughter when I announced in the staff meeting that it was the last day of my section at KKHS. The oldest student, the person who is amongst the senior longest serving teachers, has served his time and now has assignments and another session in Auckland before I can be considered fit to return to relief teaching in a New Zealand school. Only wish my best friend, and fellow ostracized relief teacher had joined me on the journey. Don’t know why he chose to get on his yacht and sail off into the Pacific to spend time with his wife in Tonga? He must be going senile?
Special thanks to my associates Kim Sainsbury and Laura Choat, and to Russell Mc Cabe (Te Kotahitanga), Guy Ellingham, Anita Wylie, Brigit Crooks,(Computing) and to my classes 7SAI, 9DRB and 9TAN. I hope I did not disrupt their learning too much. So lucky to be have been working with such mature young people and older colleges who have all been so supportive. Might be a few more years left in this veteran on the teaching front. Didn’t expect to have to get into the trenches and have to fight to be able to continue what I have done for the last 17 years!
Next week is Maori language week with an emphasis on Maori greetings.
Principal stressed that “positive reinforcement really works”. Something that I put in yesterday’s reflection. Maybe she’s reading my blog?
Deans concerned about the number of students being sent out of class for bad behaviour. All teachers are required to send a communication to the Student Centre whenever they evict a student. This can be in the form of an email or on a “Student Centre Referral Form”(photo)
Kim introduced me to Education Perfect and we had the last period of the last day with her students from 7SAI in the computer room working at their own pace on this application. They all have their own log-in and it is where Kim sets and monitors their homework. Such a great tool for any permanent teachers as they can also use it to set assessments, assignments and use it when reporting to parents.
Somehow managed to misplace some photos from today. Particularly disappointing as I had one with my associate, Kim.

Look forward to getting my registration back. Signing off from this stage of the journey.



Comments

Popular Posts